If you want to keep your children entertained and educated during this half term be sure to check out these fun activities.
The National Army Museum
Saturday 26th October - Sunday 3rd November
The National Army Museum are holding a First World War event, where you'll learn how the War changed the country.
- Practise drill with their WWI Tommy
- Find out about the wounds soldiers suffered with and you can even get yourself patched up
- Handle objects from their collection
The National Army Museum, Royal Hospital RD, Chelsea, SW3
London Transport Museum
Monday 28th October – Sunday 3rd November
Through the use of puppets children will learn about the history of the London Underground, which is celebrating it's 150th anniversary.
There's also an open week at their depot in Acton.
- Make And Take - Create finger puppets
- Puppet Zoo - Discover a hidden Underground Zoo during story-time
- Family Station - Pick a coin bag and choose an activity to do anywhere in the museum
- Acton Depot Open Week - Behind the scene events for children and families. Miniature tram and railway rides. Heritage bus rides. Costume performances by a 1930s suburban housewife and Storytelling.
London Transport Museum, Covent Garden Piazza, WC2E
Acton Depot, 2 Museum Way, 118-120 Gunnersbury Lane, W3
Museum Of Childhood
Monday 28th October – Friday 1st November
If you've ever wanted to become to superhero now is your chance, because the Museum Of Childhood are holding a Heroes and Sheroes event.
- Superhero Style - Dress up in costumes and capes and create your very own superhero or villain
- Superhero Skills Station - Transform your identity and test out your super powers
- Masked Heroes - Make your own superhero mask
- Supernova Nina - Storytelling with the local author Rebekah Lattin-Rawstrone
Museum Of Childhood, Cambridge Heath Road, E2
Back To Sindy's House